[Koha-win32] Couldn't create child process

Saiful Amin saiful at drtc.isibang.ac.in
Fri Nov 8 23:43:25 CET 2002

Hello

> I have not been able to duplicate your error on my test machine. Are you
> testing the version 1.2.3RC23A of the W32 installer?
Yes I am using the 1.2.3.RC23A.

> The W32 install you are testing is just that - a beta test install. It
> is not flexible about where Apache, or MySQL, or Perl are installed.
>
> Is your Apache installed at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2? The
> W32 install places a modified httpd.conf file at C:\Program Files\Apache
> Group\Apache2\conf that contains numerous config settings so Apache can
> run Koha cgi scripts and serve both Opac and Intranet. If your Apache is
> somewhere else, copy the the above mentioned httpd.conf to the correct
> location and restart Apache. Your error sounds like cgi scripts may not
> be working because of your Apache configuration. On W98, you need to
> manually start Apache in a console window.

Apache is installed in the location you mentioned above, ie, c:\program...

> Is your Perl installed at c:\usr? The W32 install copies a bunch of Koha
> modules to c:\usr\lib\C4. If Perl is not installed at c:\usr, you will
> need to copy the entire C4 folder and its contents to your Perl
> location. If your Perl is at a different location, I also wonder if the
> additonal Perl modules installed correctly. Did you see several dos
> windows during the W32 install and did it look like those modules
> installed? If Perl is somewhere else, how did you correct your binary
> path? I don't know how to do that and would like to learn.
Perl is installed in c:\usr as you suggested.

> Is your MySQL installed at C:\mysql? The W32 install copies sample data
> and blank data to c:\mysql\data. It then runs
> c:\mysql\bin\winmysqladmin.exe to give you a Systray icon for
> controlling MySQL through a GUI interface. If Mysql is somewhere else,
> you'll need to do those steps manually.
MySQL is also installed in the default location, ie, c:\mysql and it
working fine.

> I do notice you are using an older version of Mysql than I am. But I
> don't think your error is related to that.
It was just to save the time of downloading.  I had a CD (came free with
PHP-Mysql).

> Give these ideas a try and let the list know how you make out. That way
> we can learn together.
>
> Rob

I never had such problem with the linux version of Koha.  But I think it
will work after a few tries.  Today I am busy with installing CDSware,
I'll start afresh installing w32 koha tomorrow.

Thanks for sparing your time to answer.

Regards,

Saiful.