[Koha-win32] Re: [Koha] Windows installation

robweir at alum.drexel.edu robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Tue Feb 25 16:05:07 CET 2003

Hi Jeff:
I think your idea is a good one if we can do it. I considered doing what you
suggest when I started this project, but held off after looking at the
license agreements for the products. All three are open source model, but if
I recall correctly, they do have some restrictions that I thought might come
into play if we were to repackage and redistribute them. I think we would at
least have to get permission from the three groups. Have you thought at all
about the licensing issue?

The other thing I've been thinking about doing, is switching to a freeware
or open source install package if we can find a good one. I used Wise
Installer to write the first couple beta installs because that's what I had
available and that is what I use at work. But it is a commercial package and
a bit expensive. If we could go to an open source or free installer, the
windows install script could be handled like the rest of Koha's code and be
made available for any Koha developer to work on.

So that raises the question of what install package you use?

Great to hear from you! I would love to have some help with this project.
I'm posting this to the Windows list as well so we can get some feedback
from other people on the above ideas.

Rob