[Koha-win32] MARC Farm

robweir at alum.drexel.edu robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Tue Nov 11 18:28:58 CET 2003

Hi TD,
I think there may be a bug with import to the breeding farm in this version.
Here is a snippit from the list from a couple weeks ago:

On 2003-10-13 17:38:12 +0100 Lucia Phillip
wrote:

> With this latest
> version however although I am able to import records into the
> breeding farm,
> when I go to Add biblio and do a search of a record that I know was
> among
> those imported, I get the message that <Nothing found>. I am
> wondering why
> this is happening with this version.

> Reply From: "MJ Ray" (one of the programmers):

> Possibly it is a bug that I have recently fixed in CVS.  Imports were
> being reported as successful, but they were not being entered into the
> database correctly.  If you look in koha-error.log, then you should
> find complaints about z3950random being misset.  I must check the fix.

However, if you're looking at importing a bunch of MARC records, you should
be using the bulkmarcimport.pl script
(C:\usr\koha200pre5\intranet\scripts\misc\bulkmarcimport.pl). It is
important that you have all the MARC linking configured correctly for this
to work.

The Koha project desperately needs some good documentation on how to
configure and import MARC records, but sadly, it doesn't exist yet. I'm
still trying to figure it out myself with a data set that I want to convert
and import.

One more thing - the current bulkmarcimport.pl looks for a Time-HiRes perl
module that you may or may not have. You could download and install the
module manually, or I just posted an updated windows install package that
includes the module (do a custom install and choose just the perl modules),
or I think the programmers were talking about changing the code to eliminate
dependance on this module.

Hope this helps,
Rob