[Koha-win32] At the risk of being unpopular (v late reply to patrick)

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 04:35:31 CET 2003

Patrick said in January....

> My one thing is: I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of doing Circulation type things through a web browser. So, here's the bit where I risk being unpopular: I've started writing a Windows client, for now I've only just started, but intend to do at least issueing/returning of materials.

And while it's a bit late, I'd just like to say "YAY" :-)

We have no problem at all with others writing Windows clients - and are really
pleased that is happening if it means that Koha is a more complete product for
libraries.  From my point of view, it's all about what works for the library -
and about doing what you're good at.  We (Katipo) know Perl and the web, and
don't have the skills, or even the inclination to write a Windows client, but
if someone else does, that is awesome, and we really appreciate your efforts -
it kinda validates some of the decisions we made about Koha way back when :-)

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org