[Koha-win32] Installation Quirk On Windows XP

Jeremy Davies jeremyd7350 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:18:58 CEST 2004

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd notify you that I had some problems installing Koha on Windows
XP.

Version was Koha V1.2.3 on Windows.

Version of Apache was Apache 2.0.50 (Win32)

Version of Perl was ActivePerl 5.6.1

I had to change the install directory so perl ended up at : /usr/bin/perl

Version of MySql was : MySql Servers and Clients 4.0.20d

After I had installed and was going to opac or intranet the homepage would
come up fine, and some pages would work, but I was getting error messages
here (probably other pages would have error'ed as well) :

http://intranet/cgi-bin/koha/loadmodules.pl?module=acquisitions

Premature end of script headers: loadmodules.pl

http://opac/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

Premature end of script headers: opac-user.pl

This appeared to be a problem with Perl not being able to find the right
modules in it's library path.

To fix this problem I copied :

C4 from C:\usr\koha123\intranet\modules

to :

C:\usr\lib\C4

Copied C:\usr\lib\Tie

To :

C:\usr\lib\Set

OK. This might sort this problem out for other people who are experiencing
the same difficulty. Also I wanted to know if this is going to stuff me up
later on or not. Everything is working fine *now*.

cheers