[Koha-win32] RE: blank200 db is really blank

Dana Huff rd294121 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:59:56 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

Actually, I did receive a response from Rob Weir back in Sept. He wrote:
_________

Dana:
Sorry I missed your message earlier. I am the person who wrote the install for Koha on Windows. I left the data totally blank to allow for customization.

There are scripts in one of the sub-directories that can be run to populate the Marc. tables. In fact, in the folder with the data, you should find a text file recording the steps I took to create the data sets. Those logs should give you a clue on what to do.

I will be away for the weekend, but perhaps can help you more early next week.

Rob

So, that was how I built my MARC data structure, with the SQL script that was provided.

There have been several discussions going on in the lists as to what should be provided for the basic setup. I feel that a basic functional empty database should be provided as a starting point and then users can customized as needed. Maybe two setups, one for MARC21 and one for UNIMARC, those being the two most prevalent. There is a lot of work involved entering the marc settings so a bit of a head start would be a big help.

Dana