[Koha-win32] Nice work on the Installer

Russel Garlick russel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Sep 15 23:19:41 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I work with Rachel and Chris at Katipo in Wellington, NZ.

Rachel and I just got back from the LIANZA (Library and Information
Association of New Zealand Aotearoa) conference in Auckland.

We were doing free Koha installs for anyone who rocked up with a
computer. We did a total of 18 installs over 3 days which kept us really
busy! 5 of these installs where on windows boxes.

I just wanted to say that the installer worked a treat on XP and Win
2000 (luckly I didn't have to try any Win 98 installs). I am a complete
non techy type and it only took me 10 mins to get it up and running on
people's pcs.

Well done to whoever wrote the installer and the docs on the wiki.

Cheers
--

Russel Garlick
Operations Manager