[Koha-win32] Koha Windows installation problems

Tony Wilson amwilson.wilson at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 9 07:42:37 CEST 2005

I've tried several installs of Koha2.2.3-W32 on a couple of new XP
machines and always get the same problems. I’m doing some things right
because I get both the opac and intranet screens, can add users, and it
even claimed to parse a MARC upload.

<>The opac screen gives an error when I enter a search:

Server error, premature end of script headers opac-search.pl, error 500.

<>More seriously, perhaps, is the parameters setup. I can set most of
the simple ones—branch, item types, borrower categories, and so on.
However, I get no list of MARC fields and the screen of blank boxes
won’t let me add anything. <>MARC check then shows several errors that I
find now way to fix. <>

Then, thinking I may need to set the system preferences, I do that
(mostly ok, I think). After doing those, the Parameters screen comes up
blank.

I suspect I am missing some major step or basic file to correct most of
this and would be most grateful for any help or hints.

<>Tony Wilson, Coordinator
Library Technician Program
Highline Community College

(near Seattle, WA, USA)