[Koha-win32] ZOOM battles

Rob Weir robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Fri Dec 8 23:02:27 CET 2006

Hi Luis,
Hey, I got Z3950 searching to work in Koha 2.2.7 on WinXP. It didn't take too much. I had to:

1. add the Yaz bin folder to my enviroment path. For me it is C:\Program Files\YAZ\bin
2. install XSLoader perl module (v0.07 available from Active State ppm repository). I'm not sure if this will keep it from working, but zoom.pm in Net-Z3950-ZOOM starts with "require XSLoader;" so I figured it wouldn't hurt to load it.
3. add a couple Z3950 servers in the intranet section of Koha. You do this under Koha Administration -> Z39.50 Servers. If you don't have any Z3950 servers configured, you will get a server error 500. I just copied the settings for a couple servers from the intranet demo site at http://koha.liblime.com/ and they worked.

For some reason, I had to reboot my XP workstation before the change to the path took effect. I thought you only had to do that with W98.  I am using some virtual imaging for testing, so maybe that changes something. But if you have trouble getting it to work, a reboot might help.

My test machine is:
WXP SP2
Active Perl 5.8.8.817
Apache 2.0.59