[Koha-win32] Koha 2.2.8. error in Add new Patron & Barcode

Nihar Patra patranihar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 09:12:55 CEST 2007

Dear Sir Mr. Rob,

Your suggestion could help me add new patron in Koha 2.2.8. Thanks you very
much for this.

Now when I issue the book to the patron, it show that "Patron's card expire"
Manually I filled up the "joining & expire field". I browsed the discussion
archieve "Date problems adding new members". Noting is there on the solution
of "Patrons card expire".

For barcode, i followed the steps suggested by you. I could only add the
label, except the gerating barcode of each item. How could i generate
barcode of each items. If koha is not supporting, if any freely available
software is there on windows version so that they can only generate barcode.

Your again suggestion will be highly greatful.

Regards,

Nihar

On 4/28/07, Rob Weir <robweir at alum.drexel.edu> wrote:

> Hi Nihar,
> For your first problem, adding a new patron, there are a couple of bugs
> that need to be fixed:
>
> First, when you add a new member, it is trying to insert a null in to the
> gonenoaddress field, and mysql 5 causes the insert to fail. To fix this, in
> memberentry.pl, change line 217 from
>
>     my %flags = ('gonenoaddress' => ['gna', 'Gone no address'],
>     my %flags = ('gonenoaddress' => ['gonenoaddress', 'Gone no address'],
>
> Second, you must enter a valid birthdate or the insert will fail.
>
> Third, there is a problem in V2.2.8 with the dateenrolled (joining) and
> expiry date fields not filling correctly that is being discussed on the main
> list under the topic "Date problems adding new members".  There isn't a
> solution for this yet. However, for now, if you manually enter both of these
> fields, then you should be able to add a new member. Watch the main list for
> a fix for this.
>
> For your second problem printing barcodes, you need to change line 33 of
> both barcodesGenerator.pl and printerConfig.pl from
>
>     use PDF::API2::PDF::Utils;
>     use PDF::API2::Basic::PDF::Utils;
>
> To print barcodes, you should go to the Koha Administration page, and
> click on the Spine and Barcode label generator link all the way at the
> bottom of the page. This is a newer version of the barcode generator, and
> the only one that works, at least on windows. The older "Generate Barcodes"
> does not work and I don't know of any plans to fix it.
>
> I don't understand your third question about "Note Page size's column is
> not functioning." Maybe you could explain some more or perhaps someone else
> can help.
>
> Rob
>

> Nihar Patra wrote:
>
>  Dear All
>
> I have installed koha ver. 2.2.8 with following configurations:
> Microsfoft window XP., Apachi 2.2.4, Mysql 5.0.37 & Perl 5.8.8 build 820
>
> i am facing following error:
>
> First, when filling all the information in Add New Patron and click on add
> this patron it is not storing. Only filed names are showing not field
> values.
>
> Secondly, it showing following error while creating barcode.
>
>  "Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at dummy-opac and inform
> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
> may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error
> log."
>
> Note Page size's colum is not functioning.
> Please help, this is urgent for me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nihar
>
> XLRI, India

Nihar K Patra
Assistant Librarian (In charge of IT infrastructure)
XLRI, P.B. 222, C.H Area (East)
Jamshedpur - 831001
Mobile: 9431936674