[Koha-win32] Koha 2.2.8. error in Add new Patron & Barcode

Nihar Patra patranihar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 17:47:52 CEST 2007

Dear Sir,
I need one more help from you.
How can i take back up of my stored data in Koha 2.2.8. I have installed
Mysql 5.0.37 in Win XP.
I have no idea on mysql. First time i have installed mysql.

I solved the problem "Patron's card expiry".

Please guide me step wise.

Regards,

Nihar

On 4/28/07, Rob Weir <robweir at alum.drexel.edu> wrote:

> Hi Nihar,
> For your first problem, adding a new patron, there are a couple of bugs
> that need to be fixed:
>
> First, when you add a new member, it is trying to insert a null in to the
> gonenoaddress field, and mysql 5 causes the insert to fail. To fix this, in
> memberentry.pl, change line 217 from
>
>     my %flags = ('gonenoaddress' => ['gna', 'Gone no address'],
>     my %flags = ('gonenoaddress' => ['gonenoaddress', 'Gone no address'],
>
> Second, you must enter a valid birthdate or the insert will fail.
>
> Third, there is a problem in V2.2.8 with the dateenrolled (joining) and
> expiry date fields not filling correctly that is being discussed on the main
> list under the topic "Date problems adding new members".  There isn't a
> solution for this yet. However, for now, if you manually enter both of these
> fields, then you should be able to add a new member. Watch the main list for
> a fix for this.
>
> For your second problem printing barcodes, you need to change line 33 of
> both barcodesGenerator.pl and printerConfig.pl from
>
>     use PDF::API2::PDF::Utils;
>     use PDF::API2::Basic::PDF::Utils;
>
> To print barcodes, you should go to the Koha Administration page, and
> click on the Spine and Barcode label generator link all the way at the
> bottom of the page. This is a newer version of the barcode generator, and
> the only one that works, at least on windows. The older "Generate Barcodes"
> does not work and I don't know of any plans to fix it.
>
> I don't understand your third question about "Note Page size's column is
> not functioning." Maybe you could explain some more or perhaps someone else
> can help.
>
> Rob
>

> Nihar Patra wrote:
>
>  Dear All
>
> I have installed koha ver. 2.2.8 with following configurations:
> Microsfoft window XP., Apachi 2.2.4, Mysql 5.0.37 & Perl 5.8.8 build 820
>
> i am facing following error:
>
> First, when filling all the information in Add New Patron and click on add
> this patron it is not storing. Only filed names are showing not field
> values.
>
> Secondly, it showing following error while creating barcode.
>
>  "Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at dummy-opac and inform
> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
> may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error
> log."
>
> Note Page size's colum is not functioning.
> Please help, this is urgent for me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nihar
>
> XLRI, India

Nihar K Patra
Assistant Librarian (In charge of IT infrastructure)
XLRI, P.B. 222, C.H Area (East)
Jamshedpur - 831001
Mobile: 9431936674