[Koha-win32] Call Number

arnab arnabsadhukhan at kolkatacdac.in
Wed Aug 1 12:23:23 CEST 2007

Dear All,

 I've installed Koha 2.2.8 in our library. Now I've been given the task to
cataloge the existing books according to the Marc21 format. As I come from
Library science background I'm facing some problem. Still now what I have
done according to our Library need -
Tag(s)
020(a)  - ISBN
022(a)  - ISSN
100(a)  - Author
245(a)  - Title
245(h)  - Medium
250(a)  - Edition
260(a,b,c) - Imprint
300(a,e)  - Physical Description
500(a)  - General Note
650(a)  - Subject Added Entry
942(c)  - Item type
952(p,c) - Barcode etc.

I've problem with the Item Call Number tag. Could anybody tell me is the
there any standard format for the Item Call Number or is it done according
to your own library. One more thing what is the meaning of the "Subject"
field in Koha system. Is "Subject" and "Item Call Number" have something in
common?

Thanks in advance.

Arnab Sadhukhan
C-DAC, KOLKATA