[Koha-win32] Call Number

Partha Mukhopadhyay psm_vu at india.com
Thu Aug 2 14:09:53 CEST 2007

Dear Arnab

I think in your MARC list the fields for class no./ed of scheme/item no. are missing. Lets say you are using DDC as classification scheme. In this case you have to add into MARC the field 082 (DDC). The field 082 has four subfields - 2 (edition of the scheme); 6 (link); 8 (link); a(Class no.); b (item no.). The Call no. is a combination of two subfields here i.e. 082/a and 082/b; You can display this no. in your catalogue card (design one ISBD format). Now the question comes how can we add 082/a and 082/b subfields in the bibliographic framework. Follow this link (from intranet interface)> Parameter -> Biblio framework -> Default framework -> MARC structure -> 082 -> Subfields -> click folder sign -> display field a and field b in tab 0.

You can now see the field 082 (with subfield a and b) in your biblio framework.

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Department of Library and Information Science
University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal, India

=