[Koha-win32] Call Number

arnab arnabsadhukhan at kolkatacdac.in
Fri Aug 3 07:00:07 CEST 2007

Dear Parthasarathi,

I've no problem in adding the tag in the bibliographic framework. I want to
know that in Koha what does the itemcallnumber field signify. Is it the DDS
code? Instead of writing 000, 100 etc is there any Alphabet Code? I'm
confused about this field and the "Subject" field of Koha.
We have mainly books on computer, math, physics, literature. Could you
suggest me how to do the subject field and the itemcall number.

For computer books if we give call number as 004.BookId, is this the correct
format? and then what will be the subject name?

Thanks in advance for you kind help.

Arnab Sadhukhan
C-DAC, KOLKATA
INDIA