[Koha-win32] CATALOGING again... MORE INFO...

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Sun Oct 21 06:16:36 CEST 2007

Phil for a question like this you will need to give more info - it is
likely you are missing a required field, or you've given it the same
barcode as another item, or any number of things that could be wrong.

Things it's good to "say"  when you need a hand (not in any particular
order btw)

1/. If possible an URL where people can go look
2/. Whether you've got a biblio in but no item
3/. Whether the item is a particular "type" that might be different to
the others you've put in
4/. Whether you can find the biblio/item in the intranet v's OPAC
5/. Whether you get any errors when searching for or entering it
6/. What version of Koha you're running & on what platform (although as
you've posted to the windows list I'm guessing it's on windows).
7/. What you've tried already
8/. Can you "see" the correct data in the database - or is it not
getting that far

There are a few "gotchas" I think - like you need to have some itemtypes
setup, and I think you need some stopwords and maybe some subjects as
well - but my Windows knowledge is probably out of date.

If you've got some working and some not you could even look at the book
title - is there something in it that might be causing problems? & $ for
example?

Cheers
Rachel