[Koha-win32] On Winisis conversio to Koha

P. S. Mukhopadhyay psmukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 08:39:24 CEST 2008

Dear rajan

The steps as described by Serhij Dubyk are quite OK. But as u r nat familiar
with command prompt, I can suggest u an easier path -

1. Develop your bibliographic data in winisis by following a standrad data
format (CCF or MARC 21). If u r following MARC 21, possibly ISISMARC
(available freely) is a better option.

2. After data entry work, export the databse as iso file. You can do it
through winisis also, even if u r using isismarc. Go to file menu, select
export. the file will be saved in work folder under c:\winisis.

3. Download MarcEdit, another free MARC editor availavle freely.

4. Open MARC tool, select CDS/ISIS conversion, Give file name. The iso file
will be converted into MARC 21 format and will be saved as .mrc.

5. Open Koha and import this file. It will go to biblio basket.

6. From the cataloguing interface, you can bring each record into ur MARC
editor of Koha.

7. In case of bulk import, use the file under misc folder under koha

partha

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Lecturer, Department of Library and Information Science, University of
Burdwan,
Burdwan - 713 104 (WB), India