[Koha-win32] Koha - Features

Clemens Pietsch clemens at pietsch.or.at
Wed Aug 27 10:18:42 CEST 2008

Good morning!

I did try many differnt ways to install Koha - nothing worked. For me as a
PC user but non-it-expert it's not that easy. I think it would be great, if
koha could be testet with XAMPP.

I don't want to spend more time to get koha work without knowing the
features. Could you please tell me, if koha fulfilled my requrirements?

I'd need:

+ Usage of ISBN - I don't need US standards, because I lieve in Europe
+ It should be possible, to enter ISBN and it will be checked with Amazon
webservices or anything like that, to get all missing information of author,
and so on. The reveived data should be entered to the database
automatically. I saw this feature in a Windows standalone software. Realy
nice...
+ barcodereader, to read ISBNs and add books in the database
+ fields Import of existing books as *.csv or *.xls

For me the installation of Koha is too heavy. The Linux thing isn't that
hard, but there seems to be an apache2 error. Hope to get rid of it. With
the windows thing it's not fine that you canÄt change the directory. I
didn't find where to do so.

Please, tell me if koha could fulfill my feature expectations.

Best regards, Clemens