[Koha-win32] Koha-win32 Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2

P. S. Mukhopadhyay psmukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:30:11 CET 2008

Dear Mr. K Rajasekharan

Yes of course. Koha 2.2.9 is fully Unicode-compliant. We have tested Koha
with three Indic scripts - Bengali, Hindi, Assamese. The beauty of Indic
script is that more or less all the scripts have around 50 alphabets, vowels
are alomost same and every script supports glyphs. Possibly the reason is
that all the Indic scripts are originated from Bramhi. Now comes a bit
technical discussion.  Koha 2.2.x requires that u r using utf-8 as encoding
for character set and your mysql must supports utf-8 as native character
set. What else!

have a nice koha time

partha

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Lecturer, Department of Library and Information Science, University of
Burdwan,
Burdwan - 713 104 (WB), India