[Koha-win32] IP address of VMware player

Fred.King at Medstar.net Fred.King at Medstar.net
Wed Dec 17 22:20:07 CET 2008

Greetings,

Try this:

Type CTRL-G to get to the VM Debian prompt.

Log in to the VM system as root, password katikoan.

Type ifconfig to display the IP address.

Then type CTRL + ALT to get out ot the VM system and back to XP.

There's also a problem with Debian VM systems not assigning IP addresses
correctly. See

http://fileformat.wordpress.com/2007/05/11/network-interfaces-for-a-debian-etch-guest-under-vmware/
for a fix.

That's what I remember, but I'm recovering from a cold at the moment. I
left something out, I hope someone else will fill in the blanks.

Fred King
Medical Librarian, Washington Hospital Center
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6221

koha-win32-bounces at lists.koha.org wrote on 12/17/2008 03:52:30 PM:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying out Koha 3.0 VMWare Image and I have been having
> difficulties figuring out the IP address so I can get it configured.
> I am running XP SP3 and an running the Image on VMWare Player 2.5.1.
> I have the network adapter set to Bridged which I believe is the
> proper setting based on everything I have been reading in the
> archives. When I ran the 2.2.9 Koha VMWare I was able to find the IP
> no problem but this time it keeps telling me that that the ipconfig
> command is not found.
>
> I am sure that there is a really easy fix to this, I am very new at
> this and have been picking up most things by going through your
> archived messages but I was unable to find an answer to this
> question. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Nathan Roller
> Santa Barbara Hillel Librarian
>

> --
> I GoodSearch & GoodShop for Santa Barbara Hillel.
>
> http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=892196

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this communication,
including its attachments may contain confidential information and
is intended only for the individual (s) or entity (ies) to whom it
is addressed . The information contained in this communication may
also be protected by legal privilege , federal law or other
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication , you are hereby notified that any distribution,
dissemination or duplication of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please
immediately delete and destroy all copies of this message and
please immediately notify us of the error by separate communication
. Thank you.