[Koha-win32] Unable to find perl in c:\usr

Tim Wentz timwentz714 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 03:59:40 CEST 2008

How does the Koha2.2.9 Win32 installer identify where ActiveState
perl is installed?

The Koha2.2.9 Win32 installer found my existing installation of
ActiveState perl 5.8.4 in C:\Perl and told me it probably wouldn't
work. I let the installer continue and it was able to install the
additional perl libraries needed for Koha, but it wasn't able to run
once the installer was finished.

I uninstalled perl and reinstalled 5.8.4 in c:\usr\, but then the
koha installer said it couldn't verify that perl was installed. It
went further and said that Koha may not work unless I'm running
version 5.8.8.

I uninstalled 5.8.4 and installed 5.8.8 and I'm still getting the
same messages.

"perl -v" works for me from a command prompt and Optiperl is also
working with the new installation but the Koha installer still can't
find it.

Does anyone have a suggestion on tweaking the system so that the
installer will be able to find perl now that I've installed it in
c:\usr\?

Thanks,
Tim Wentz