[Koha-win32] Koha hangs on install

Partha Mukhopadhyay psm_vu at india.com
Tue Aug 11 13:18:48 CEST 2009

Dear Herme

It happens in Koha 2.2.x due to lack of required RAM in the system. If u have 512 MB or higher RAM in your system, MARc charset installs smoothly without showing any "Virtual Memory Low" notice. Don't worry. U don't have to upgrade RAM. In next installation wait for 3-4 mins. and then press CTL+C and say yes (y) to terminate batch job (Fortunately MARC charset is the last PERL module in the bundle). That's all for installation. But this approach has a danger in it. During the use of bulkmarcimport.pl program (to upload MARC formatted records) the may not work properly and you need a modified version of   bulkmarcimport.pl. If such situation occurs you may write to me for sending the modified program.

Regards

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Sr. Lecturer, Department of Library and Information Science
University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal, India