[Koha-win32] Newbie Looking for Help!

Mark West mark at ontheboat.us
Fri Jul 31 23:50:34 CEST 2009

Hello-

I am a retired librarian who has been asked to revitalize our church library. Issue number 1 for me is replacing the single user/non-MARC catalog--I use the term loosely--software that supports the collection. My research pointed me to koha.

I have installed V2.2.9 on a test machine at home and like what I have seen thus far. I am also able to access the OPAC from other machines on my home network by simply doing an http call to the IP address of the test machine. I have not, however, figured out how to access the "Intranet" (staff client, or whatever the proper termonology is) piece via the network. The documenation suggests that the version I downloaded and installed is intended for single machine use only. I have has yet been unable to locate anything that would either a) point me to a production, as opposed to a demo, release or b) explain what is needed to access the staff piece of the system from another computer on the network. (I have been playing with the httpd.conf file on the Apache server and think the solution might be there, but, again, to without success.) Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mark West
New Bern, NC