[Koha-win32] A Successful Installation of Koha 3 on Windows

Mazen Abdulaziz mazen.abdulaziz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 20:36:51 CEST 2010

*Hello everyone*,

I'm new to this mailing list (hi there).

I've spent my last three days trying to deploy Koha 3 on Windows, and
through out my searches I could see that no one had reported a successful
installation of Koha 3 on Windows (or at least that event hasn't yet been
indexed by Google!)

I'm not sure where you guys are currently, but I have been able to
successfully install Koha 3 on Windows.

I just finished the installation and testing, so what I am considering now
is to re-install it again and write down the (rather simple) steps.

For the impatient: I used the latest version of Strawberry perl (5.12.10.0),
which includes LibXSLT by default (biggest problem resolved!). I also could
compile Net::Z3950::ZOOM correctly by modifying the makefile, linking it to
the libraries of the latest version of YAZ (4.0.12). I only made minor
changes to the source code of two files in Koha directory: koha-conf.xml and
Installer.pm. I also installed Koha in a directory that contains no spaces
along its path.

Hope that interests somebody.
*
Mazen Abdulaziz,
Hadhramout University, College of Medicine*