[Koha-win32] A Successful Installation of Koha 3 on Windows

Mazen Abdulaziz mazen.abdulaziz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:47:24 CEST 2010

Hello,

I apologize for not following up, things went really busy down here.

Testing the new installation of Koha 3 under Windows went smooth. Everything
worked correctly except for batch-importing MARC records, which didn't work
at all.

Technically, the problem arouse when executing "stage-marc-import.pl," and
Koha logged a "Premature End of Script Headers." -- I'm not sure if this is
the correct list to be discussing technical and down-to-the-code problems.

I have also talked to chris_n, who also successfully ported Koha 3 to
Windows (surely before I did), and he said that he didn't have problems in
the batch-marc importer tool, however he said that the performance of Koha
is sluggish when provided ~7K of records.

I'll come back once I get the batch-marc importer running.

Best Regards,
Mazen Abdulaziz
IT Consultant
Hadhramout University, College of Medicine
Mukalla, Hadhramout, Yemen