[Koha-zebra] Koha & zebra (continuing to try to understand...)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 11:28:53 CEST 2005

Mike Taylor a écrit :
>>Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:00:35 -0700
>>From: Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com>
>>
>>Just to clarify ... We're talking about four jobs here:
>>
>>1. Develop Perl/ZOOM
>>2. Integrate Koha's Searching with Perl/ZOOM
>>3. Integrate Koha's Cataloging with Perl/ZOOM
>>4. Build tools for migrating from MARC-in-SQL to Zebra
>

> Sounds right.

sounds right on this side of Atlantic ocean & chanel as well ;-)

> ... which can also be used for an interrim version of #2, since the
> new ZOOM-Perl interface will be very similar to the old Net::Z3950
> one.

yes but no : my temporary modif will deal with actual API, that is not
at all CQL or something like that.
It will enable only a few search.

>>If everything goes as planned we should be done with Zebra
>>integration well before the end of the year.
>

> Excellent!

I announce (un-officially) Koha 3.0 for feb/march to libraries that want
a date.
--
Paul POULAIN