[Koha-zebra] Behind the Scenes Updating

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Dec 22 18:53:58 CET 2005

Hi again,

Just wondering if the Index Data guys could clarify a bit what's
going on behind the scenes when Perl-ZOOM updates a Zebra database
using the new code. Based on my reading of the Zebra docs, it's
necessary to run 'zebraidx update' on the whole database every
time a change is made with file record IDs (which it looks like
we'll be using for Koha). I'm assuming that there's some internal
function call that the extended profile supports that goes beyond
the basic command-line functionality, making it possible to update
a small segment of the database ... am I correct?

Cheers,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE