[Koha-zebra] Behind the Scenes Updating

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Dec 28 14:50:14 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:09:14PM -0500, Sebastian Hammer wrote:
> I don't think you should be using file record IDs when you update
> records  using Z39.50.
Right, I see that now, as Paul's set it up in CVS, we're using
general record IDs stored in the 090$c field in the MARC records.

So for _new_ cataloging, we're going to have to generate the 090$c
field for every MARC record we plan to import, then we'll 'update'
the Zebra index, and if we're using shadow registers, this process
will be fault-tolerant.

Thanks,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE