[Koha-zebra] A few Zebra Questions

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Dec 29 17:45:41 CET 2005

Hi guys,

Chris and I are brainstorming today over a few cups of coffee and
a giant dry-erase board and we've come up with a few Zebra questions
that will help out as we plan our next moves for the migration. So
here goes:

Does Zebra allow any kind of database replication, master/slave or
master/master relationships? (or alternatively, are there methods to
communicate between two or more Zebra servers?)

When updating a database with general record IDs does (can) Zebra
also create a MARC file for that record?

Is there any foreseeable way to get around the speed issues with
updating that would make it feasible to store status data quickly?
For instance, Chris wondered if we could delay the actual indexing
process, but get the data in there for when the record is actually
retrieved (then index in batch say every minute or so)?

That's it for now. Thanks!

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE