[Koha-zebra] Zebra setup suggestions, MARC::File::XML Probs

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Mon Apr 10 19:51:29 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 08:38:42PM +0300, Tümer Garip wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thanks to Owen I can now commit on Savannah but before doing anything I
> just want to clarify some matters and get opinions.
> 1- I would like to setup zebra server using user-password for updates
> and no write access for anonymous write access. Also we should be using
> -f yazconfig.xml with the server which will allow us define  the
> location and name of our cql file outside Context.pm and not hardcoded.
Of course, by all means make these changes.

> 2-At previous listings we discussed whether to use collection.abs or
> record.abs for indexing Zebra. My understanding from that was Zebra can
> not handle collection.abs properly so we should use record.abs (Adam &
> Sebastian's remarks). This means using record->as_xml_record of the new
> CVS version MARC::File::XML  which I downloaded but it does not work for
> me. MARC::File::XML does not get loaded properly and throws everything
> out. Looks like an XML::SAX problem but I am not sure. For those who
> managed to get it work please note that  record->as_xml_record call will
> not produce proper xml as there is a quote missing at line 337 of XML.pm
> change slim> to slim"> and it should work for you.
>
> Currently I modified my old version MARC::File::XML so that it has a
> record->as_xml_record as well so that I can test and commit things.

We should use record.abs, I dont' think we need collection.abs
anymore. I think we should really try to use the new MARC::File::XML
if at all possible and should modify all our 'as_xml' calls to be
'as_xml_record'. But before we can do that we need to resolve these
issues you're having.

Mike R, any comments on Tumer's probs with M::F::X?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE