[Koha-zebra] CQL queries into MARC records (Was: .abs file and subfield ordering)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Feb 15 14:07:16 CET 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to add 2 words : when designing Search in Koha, we have to
remember that we have 2 kinds of users :
* librarians. For them it's possible to have complex syntax (like
marc.245=dinosaur and marc.245$c=farlow) to do complex search.
* borrowers/users/patrons : for them, we must avoid at all cost giving
them complex queries. "title=XXX or author=YYY" will be enough. Bath-2
seems to be simple and acceptable to me (but you may have an other
opinion) (not the complete one, but the table in the middle of
http://zing.z3950.org/srw/bath/2.0/)

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants