[Koha-zebra] A few ZOOM::Package questions

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Sun Feb 19 06:24:39 CET 2006

I can answer one of these.. I think the other ones are mostly for Mike.

Joshua Ferraro wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Just got a few questions about ZOOM::Package:
>
>In the documentation, the example listed is:
>
>$p->send("createdb");
>
>I'm assuming this is a typo and the actual service
>type is just 'create' ... right?
>
>Does Zebra support the 'itemorder' service type? if so, how is it
>used?

No, this is generally used to support ILL, which of course isn't
relevant for Zebra.

There are a couple of profiles at the Z39.50 maintenance agency
describing how to use ItemOrder to carry bits and pieces of the ISO ILL
protocol through Z39.50 ItemOrder. Mind you, this is very rarely used,
to my knowledge.. the more common approaches involve ILL directly over
TCP/IP or SMPT. Of course, some consortia use NCIP to support ILL-like
operations, as well.

--Seb

--
Sebastian Hammer, Index Data