[Koha-zebra] Investigating zebra config files, a question

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 2 17:57:00 CET 2006

Hello guys,

I'm trying to understand some things about zebra parameters, CQL,...

in CQL, you can write "title=*tower* and author=*tolkien*"
to find "the two towers, from JRR Tolkien".

The question now is : how did zebra know what is a "title" and what is
an "author". Our zebra config files says (I mean in France, UNIMARC) :

 > attset: bib1.att               <<<< bib-1 attributes are loaded
 > attset: explain.att            <<<< not sure it is useful here
 > recordType: grs.marc.unimarc   <<<<  loads unimarc.abs if I don't mind

(some useless lines removed)

unimarc.abs says :
 > name unimarc
 > reference Usmarc
 > attset bib1.att
 > tagset unimarc.tag

Then,
> elm 700            Author                  -
> elm 700/?          Author                  -
> elm 700/?/a        Author                  !:w

Does that means the UNIMARC 700$a field is related to "Author" ? I bet yes.
And if I add
 > elm 701            Author                  -
 > elm 701/?          Author                  -
 > elm 701/?/a        Author                  !:w

I say 701 is ALSO related to author.

Thus, "author" is translated to "Author" translated to "700$a or 701$a"

Am I right ?

The next question will be : If I want to provide records in another
format, I will have to write a .map file
I investigate a little bit more, and come back with next question ;-)

(joshua/chris : if my idea is correct, we should be able to provide
Dublin Core output in Koha 3.0 I bet ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN