[Koha-zebra] Some more benchmarks figures

Tümer Garip tgarip at neu.edu.tr
Wed Mar 15 11:08:58 CET 2006

Hi all,
As suggested by Seb we have moved to zebra 1.4.0

We'll see how it goes with the intermittent database crashes we had
earlier on with 1.3.34

It looks more stable and fast anyway.

On 100K+ records a random update of 5500 records using 5500 updates and
one commit gave an astonishing .056 seconds
However each circulation update is update & commit and we get 0.5
seconds.

On our system shadow files sit on another disk than the database so for
a read-write-move operation I'll take this as acceptable.

I'll report any anomalies if occurs.

Regards
Tumer Garip
University Libraries & Information Systems Director
Near East University
Cyprus