[Koha-zebra] Updating zebradb

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Tue Mar 21 17:33:06 CET 2006

Tümer,

Is there some sequence of updates/commits that will reliably cause the
crash that you've seen?

If we could come up with a Perl script, say, which performed a certain
sequence of updates and commits and caused the problem to reappear, it
would be a lot easier to trace. Zebra should take care of locking
between commits and updates, but there might be a condition that has
been missed which leads to the corrupted database. Whatever it is, it
sounds like a bug and it's something we're keen to have fixed.

I strongly suspect that the challenge here is that you have multiple
processes (i.e. circulation desks) doing concurrent updates..  many
applications I have run into would have updates funnelled through one
queue...  but we're pretty keen to isolate this problem.

--Seb