[Koha-zebra] firstinfield and position attributes usage

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Sun Jun 10 03:14:59 CEST 2007

Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:

>Hi,
>I have problems using firstinfield and position attributes and then
>querying with @attr 3=1.
>Indeed, some users would find it cool to search anatomy only with the
>beginning of the phrase.
>

>First of all, I wonder how I can define a custom index and use it.
>It seems that using completeness attribute implies @attr 6=1 if 0 @attr
>6=2 or @attr 6=1.
>position is not defined in you documentation.
>firstinfield seems to be used along with it.

Hi Henri,

Zebra at present does not support the first-in-field attribute, although
we sometimes have talked about doing so. You can simulate it pretty well
by using a combination of complete subfield and truncation. You'll note
there's also a way to configure an index to ignore leading articles
(the, an, a, etc.), which is a good way to increase your recall.. yes,
it's hard to make this word with word boundaries, (Adam might have a
suggestion for some regexp magic that would work), but I think that's
probably a minor problem in most cases.

--Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hammer, Index Data