[Koha-zebra] zebra Multiple MARC management configuration

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Tue Apr 22 07:32:28 CEST 2008

Hi
It seems that two very powerful zebra features has long been overlooked.
But they are rather poorly documented. So I would like to get some more
information.

At some point, zebra has been or was able to index multiple record
format in ***one*** database.
Is it still possible ? If yes, how can it be implemented ?
For instance, if I wanted to have MARC21 and UNIMARC and DC records be
indexed on one zebra database with DOM parsing. How should I do ?
Could it be possible to also parse data with different .chr depending on
the source ?

I am also MUCH interested in zebra agility in multiple record format
z3950 queries returns, that is one zebra setup could answer MARC21
UNIMARC, DC or else and send them on z3950 queries (depending on the
negociation with YAZ-CLIENT).
This would allow our Koha users to query one another database and get
the MARC data in their own format.
Is that possible ? If yes, how to achieve a good configuration of that ?

power to zebra !!!
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT