[Koha-zebra] searching specific libraries yields no result

Bobby Adesuyan bigbrovar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 10:06:12 CET 2010

Hi guys.

I am a system administrator for the african university of science and
technology abuja, nigeria. I am currently working on deploying koha as our
library management system. I have been able to get the basic install and
configuration to work fine. so far everything is working fine. The only
problem I am having is getting search on specific libraries to work.

I created 2 library branch using the  Library and Groups tool.  When I was
importing our items from spreadsheet to marc21 I made sure I used the Library
branch 952$b code to map each item to a specific library. All seems to be
working fine and good. when I search for an items, it displays the library
where the item is available among other things. How ever when I try to search
or refine a search to a specific library I always get this. No results match
your search for “kw,wrdl: book branch:Computer Center Science Library”
but when I search all libraries it brings up result and in the sidebar under
the "refine your search" field it shows the two libraries I created. but if I
tell it to refine the search to any of them I still get a no result.

Is there any thing I need to do to allow searching of items by libraries work?
I am running koha 3.2.0

www.bigbrovar.aoizora.org