[Koha-zebra] yaz-client works but no dice from koha

Joel Cornuz jcornuz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:34:28 CEST 2012

On 08/02/2012 02:42 AM, starsid wrote:
> Joel Cornuz wrote
>>
>> The problem was opening both tcp and unix
>> sockets for the authorites and biblio indexes. It now works like a charm
>> (touch wood) and it is now time to think about moving to production.
>>

> Hi!
>
> I have a similar problem. yaz-client works but koha can not connect to the
> server. I even tried an independent perl script which tries to connect to
> the koha zebra server and it works. So, not sure where koha is faltering.
> koha cannot even connect to any external zebra server where yaz-client can
> connect very well from the same machine. I  checked the permissions for the
> unix socket file and it seems ok.
>
> Can you elaborate a bit more when you say that the problem was that both tcp
> and unix sockets were open?
>

> --
Hello,

This is getting old, but if I remember well, in Koha's xml config file,
you have 2 sockets that can be used for zebra: via TCP or Unix. Try
using only one (or the other). Looks like it fixed it for me, hopefully
it will do the same for you.

Take care,

Joel

Below is the koha-conf.xml snippet:

<yazgfs>
<!-- [scheme:]host[:port][/databaseName] -->
<!-- scheme: tcp, ssl, unix, http, sru -->
<!-- can run all servers on tcp, but the unix socket is faster -->

<listen id="biblioserver"
 >unix:/var/run/koha36/zebradb/bibliosocket</listen>
<listen id="authorityserver"
 >unix:/var/run/koha36/zebradb/authoritysocket</listen>
<!-- uncomment these lines and comment out the above if running on
MSWin32 -->
<!--
<listen id="biblioserver" >tcp:localhost:9998/bibliosocket</listen>
<listen id="authorityserver" >tcp:localhost:9999/authoritysocket</listen>
-->