[Koha-zebra] yaz-client works but no dice from koha

starsid starsid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:13:04 CEST 2012

Well, it was already enabled to just the Unix socket. The TCP portion was
commented out. I have also tried connecting to the zebra server through an
independent perl script, which works. And I have also tried modifying the
code in the C4 perl library directly to connect to the specific unix socket
(without using the config file). I have also tried modifying it to use
directly the tcp ports of public servers or tcp port of the local zebra
server (after enabling it in the config file and restarting zebra).

I am going to try running my independent perl script inside the apache and
see if that works.

Even sendmail is not working from within apache, it gives me a permission
denied error but works fine independently as a separate perl script.

So it has to be something in the environment in which the apache server is
running which is prohibiting these connections. Surprisingly, perl inside
apache can connect to the LDAP server just fine.

The firewall is down, so that can not be a problem.