[Koha-zebra] Problem with Zebra indexing

AElliott aelliott at crl.edu
Tue Sep 11 21:37:46 CEST 2012

Ciao Sander!
First of all thanks for posting your whole error message.

I wanted to document what I did and hopefully that will help someone else.
I'm brand new with Koha 3.08.04 and installed it on a development server
running CentOS 6.3.

I was stuck for a long time on the error:
   "In file included from zebramap.c:32:
      /usr/include/yaz/icu.h:40:28: error: unicode/utypes.h: No such file or
directory"
(and the stack of other errors presumably associated with this).

In /usr/include/yaz/icu.h, it expects
   yaz/yconfig.h, yaz/xmltypes.h, and unicode/utypes.h;
CentOS failed to find just the last one, as indicated by the error above.

The library "libicu-devel" fixed the problem for me:
   *yum install libicu-devel*
   [...]
   Installed: libicu-devel.i686 0:4.2.1-9.1.el6_2

Once that was done I was able to run:
   ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install

and move on to the rest of the configuration.