[Koha-acquisitions] Importing and comparing temp records to records in system

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Sun Apr 18 16:32:16 CEST 2021

Hi Laura,

if you are using the standard ISBN matching rule with a match point, it
will compare the 020$a from the incoming record against the records in
Koha using the 'isbn' search index. This index also includes the 020$z,
so they will match.

Maybe using an additional 'match check' in your matching rule could help
here. I haven't used them so far, but my impression is that they allow
to make a more precise comparison.

You might find this helpful:
https://bywatersolutions.com/news/match-points-in-koha

Hope this helps,