No subject

Wed May 26 14:59:14 CEST 2010

> From: "Rachel Hamilton-Williams" <rachel at katipo.co.nz>

> >  4) printing out bibliographies of holdings, such as a list of books
> > we have on science experiments
>
> I would say at the moment there isn't a specific report written to do this.  The
> Horowhenua Library use a product called UrbanSQL which they use to run a
> variety of reports - I couldn't say wether this is one that they run.

Here's one to keep in mind for MARC-ification.  We're really going to
need to keep simple, normal database tables which a "power user" can use
with simple SQL reporting tools other than Perl.  There's no way any mere mortal
will be able to navigate the new proposed MARC biblio structure with
a report writer.  I know Steve already mentioned planning for simplified
search tables from the Marc data; let's just make sure they aren't an
after-thought later :-)

- Alan