[Koha-devel] Possible IRC tutorial nginx and FastCGI

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Mon May 3 20:53:14 CEST 2010

Hi All -

Friday evening here (west coast USA), Saturday evening in New Zealand.  Chris Cormack was showing quite a few of the developers that hang out in the IRC #koha channel - his testing database of koha - fed through nginx and FastCGI.

I was absolutely amazed at the speed that pages from the opac were being delivered and watching some of the tests with speed comparisons between apache and nginx. I want to learn more. So, I would like to propose or maybe ask chris - if he would schedule a time that he could demo or even give a tutorial on nginx and FastCGI on the IRC channel (which is a good medium because those who can't make it will be able to read the logs).  I am hoping that others get encouraged and want to investigate the possibilities.

So, If you're interested in this please let me/the list know and I'll bug chris to set up a time to give a tutorial.

Cheers,
Brendan

Of course I'd like to encourage as many people to attend (it's surprising how much I've learned through osmosis)

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO, Director of Innovation
Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: West Haven, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com

See us at ALA : BOOTH # 817