[Koha-devel] Possible IRC tutorial nginx and FastCGI

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon May 3 22:15:13 CEST 2010

Hi all
Quick reply as im on the bus.
Clay i stress tested with 100 concurrent requests, stepping up in 10s
after, apache2 + cgi started swapping hard load got up to 124 before i
killed the test. in 252 seconds got 11 200 responses.
with nginx which has virtually zero memory footprint + the FCGI::Async
based wrapper the same test topped at 1.2 load.
I can show you the stats on irc if you like.
So far i am handling all gets with it posts go to apache. I think the
login page is one of the few posts so handing that to apache2-ssl is
no bad thing

We use nginx at work for big dynamic sites (millions of page
impressions per day) Im happy to share what ive learnt.

Chris