[Koha-devel] Integrating PTFS code into 3.4

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Wed May 12 15:14:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I too ask what the procedure is - should we put them on the wiki &
> bugzilla? or just the wiki? or just bugzilla?

Both - the bugs database and the emailed RFCs and wiki serve slightly
different purposes:

* bugs database: complete database of all bugs and enhancements and
(via the voting mechanism) a way of gauging interest in a new feature
* RFCs - emailed announcement of major new development to solicit
feedback on the feature and its design and implementation and to help
find anybody who has parallel work underway
* wiki - summary of RFCs, another spot to hash out architectural
issues, and ideally a starting point for the release notes.

This approach does have some redundancy, but that redundancy is a
feature, not a bug, as it were.

Regards,

Galen
--