[Koha-devel] Minimum version of Perl

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Fri May 14 17:05:31 CEST 2010

On 14/05/10 14:17, Galen Charlton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At present, the minimum version of Perl required by Koha is 5.6.1.
> Since MARC::Record requires 5.8.2, at the very least Koha's
> requirement should be 5.8.2, and 5.8.8 (the current stable release in
> the 5.8.x series) would be better.  Are there any common platforms
> where this would be an issue?  What about going further and bumping up
> to 5.10.0?
5.8.8 has been around for a few years and most platforms (even the more
conservative enterprise ones) are on at least that. It might be a good
base to recommend as it resolved some long standing oddities if I
remember right.
What ever people feel, I definitely thing we should say 3.4 will be at
least 5.10.

Cheers
Colin

--