[Koha-devel] Minimum version of Perl

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri May 14 17:24:03 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Galen Charlton <gmcharlt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At present, the minimum version of Perl required by Koha is 5.6.1.
> Since MARC::Record requires 5.8.2, at the very least Koha's
> requirement should be 5.8.2, and 5.8.8 (the current stable release in
> the 5.8.x series) would be better.  Are there any common platforms
> where this would be an issue?  What about going further and bumping up
> to 5.10.0?

I'm definitely for 5.8.8 at a minimum. However, it appears that some
of the test suite requires 5.10 based on a problem kmkale ran into the
other day. I'm not sure what code and don't have a 5.8 install to test
on atm.

In any case, we should determine for sure which version is required to
run all Koha code successfully and go with that OR determine what code
requires 5.10 and make it compatible with 5.8 prior to 3.2 stable.

Kind Regards,
Chris