[Koha-devel] Koha as a federated library

Bernard Shiundu BShiundu at strathmore.edu
Mon May 17 10:01:52 CEST 2010

Hello Anselm,

Don’t know if you got a response to this but the simplest way I see your requirements panning out:

1. Set the independent branches syspref (as you have done)

2. Use virtual hosting to have the different sites use different templates but the same basic application code and database which should allow you to have the different sites use different look and feel while still be able to do searches across the entire collection

3. You could sweeten things a bit by using the ‘SearchMyLibraryFirst’ syspref which would have OPAC searches return results limited by the user's library by default if they are logged in or go even further and hack the code to use branch IP for location as well as branch library (and of course submit the code back to community maybe ☺ )

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bernard Shiundu
Strathmore University