[Koha-devel] Koha as a federated library

Anselm Olweny aolweny at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:49:32 CEST 2010

Dear Bernard,

I must say am so glad to get a response from this group more so from you, as
you know its you who introduced me to koha.

I had not got any response so, I tried a couple of things.

I created opacs for the different libraries using the repeatble virtualhost
stanza found in http://koha-httpd.conf. I also duplicated the templates, and
perl scripts found in /koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules,
/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/includes and /koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac
respectively. I also duplicated opac.css and things seem to be working fine.
Check http://koha.apkn.org, http://ke.koha.apkn.org,
http://ug.koha.apkn.org(I threw out joomla which I mentioned in the
previous mail)

However, I need confirmation that am on the right track from you the
developers.

I intend to sweeten things a bit by using the ‘SearchMyLibraryFirst’ syspref
but I also would like to go futher and use branch IP for location. How does
this work, please provide some tips to get me going.

I would also like you to help with a few other things. I would like to
change the codes that a displayed with the results, eg *“kw,wrdl:
health ” *returned
216 results. I would like to change *kw, wrdl *to something the user
understands. *“kw,wrdl: health branch: KENLIB” *returned 71 results. I would
like to change *branch: *to Library. Kindly offer any assistance on how I
might achieve this.

Thanks and I look forward to your assitance

Anselm Olweny

multiple opacs