[Koha-devel] Architectural goals for 3.16

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 23:30:11 CET 2013

Greetings,

> If it means broken functionality, that is a problem for us.
> If it means graceful degradation, that's more acceptable.

Yes and yes.

> I'll be doing some investigation, but I think we need some opinions
> from others about what level of support we need to offer for IE7
> and FF 3.6.

IE7 ran in Windows as early as Windows 98. This means it is quite old.
Windows 98 is no longer supported. The OS that people are most concerned
with people still having is XP, which was IE7 by default, though, if I
recall correctly, later versions did run in it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/end-support-help
April 2014 is just before the release of 3.16 in May 2014.

http://cdn2.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/08/ie_july_2013.png
http://cdn0.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/08/firefox_july_2013.png

I feel like I'm basically agreeing with Liz. If *MICROSOFT* is dumping IE7
and they wrote it, then perhaps we should not worry about lost support for
it in bootstrap 3. As for FireFox, my wife is attending college here, and
their tech support only supports FireFox 4.0 (which seems silly, but I ended
up locking my wife's browser to not upgrade). So, I figure losing 3.6
support is probably okay too.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett